Has your sex life hit a snag? Does sex feels like just a routine, do you just do it out of a sense of duty? (If you even do it all).
If you answered yes, then you are not alone. Many couples reach a point in their relationship where they are no longer interested in sex for one reason or another. Whether it is the problems of everyday life invading your minds or there is just nothing attracting you to your partner.
Many persons find it difficult to make love when they have to be thinking about the bills or the children or illness, etc. It really is hard to perform when stressed, but it would be a good idea to make love to your partner because it is a really good stress reliever.
If you find yourself thinking about dinner for the kids or play dates, hire a babysitter for the night or let them have a sleep over at a trusted family member or friend.
If you once enjoyed being intimate with each other, then there is hope that the spark can always be rekindled. You just have to be determined go back to where you were or to be even better. Negotiating a sexual agreement is a great way to get things back on tract. Also, the following are a few ways you can rekindle the sexual intimacy:
- If the kids are at home or you live with friends/ family, send them away for a night or, if you can afford it, go to a hotel.
- If you are a couple that always have sex in the bedroom, go in the bathroom/kitchen/living room and explore other surfaces and techniques. Have sex under the shower with the water running down your bodies. Men lift your women up or lean her against the wall. Make it fun and stress free.
- Have sex the way you did when you just met – if you used to have sex anytime of the day and anywhere, then try that again. The key is to go back to where you were. What is it that attracted you to your partner? What is it that you liked about the sex?
Now to set the scene for lovemaking –
- Get into the mood by sending each other intimate text messages in the day.
- Men send your women flowers or chocolate, or simply send them lunch. The fact that you sent it without her asking means she is on your mind and every woman loves to know that their man is thinking about them. Ladies you can also send them gifts at work, send them something you know they like. Add an intimate touch to it – you can send them your lingerie and a message saying you’ll be home waiting for him to take it to you so that you can get dressed. He will now know what you want to happen when you get home and that you will be naked, waiting for him.
- When he gets home make sure you are naked or wearing a bathrobe if you don’t feel comfortable walking around naked. Take the lingerie from him and prepare dinner in it, the visual will turn him on. Have dinner in the lingerie too, this is a prelude to what is to come.
- Listen to some nice love songs and relax in each other’s arms.
- Talk about how you met and what you loved about each other and this is sure to turn you both on. When you remember all the fun you used to have, you will want to relive that fun.
- Increase your level of intimacy when you are ready to make love. Talk to each other; tell your partner what are your sexual likes and dislikes. Set the mood with wine or champagne, candles and roses.
- Try new positions, and be creative. Prolong foreplay; stimulate your mind and senses before you begin penetration.
Try these tips and watch your light shine again, do not stop trying to please your lover. Be spontaneous and keep them guessing about what you’ll do next, and always make love like it’s the first time again. Don’t worry, stress makes it worse, just enjoy each other and you will be ok.